Shah's Temple :
The foundation stone for this temple was laid in 1612 during the rule of His
Highness Jam Jasaji - I and completed in the year 1620. Surrounding this temple
52 'Deri' (a very small temple) were built in 1622.
Shah's Temple: Tejsi Shah built jain temples in 1564 which
by Moghul army in 1590. Tejsi Shah renovated these temples in 1592. In the year
1619 his son Raisi Shah built 'Deri'(a very small temple) around it.
: Built in the year 1594 by Bhansali Abji.
: They are believed to be built by Aaskaran Shah in the 17th century.
temples form the centerpiece of the old city with its lovely buildings of wood
and stone, adorned with pastel colored shutters and wooden balconies.
The area around this temples is called Chandi Bazaar, meaning Silver Market, full of silver and gold jewel makers.
Towers & Gates
The two towers of Mandvi & Pancheshwar and the Khambhalia,& Grain Market Gate, are the only signs remaining along with some parts of the great walls around the city which were built in the 17th Century by the Wazir Meraman Khawas also known as Meru Khawas, he was said to be very powerful Jamnagar was fortified and turned into a walled city by
him. He was considered to be a dictator ruling over Jamnagar between 1744 to 1800 AD.
Jam Lakhaji when still a child married Dipabai, a Jhala princess of Halwad/Dhrangadhra, in her
train came to Jamnagar Meru Khawas along
with his brothers Nandji and Bhawan. And
as Jam Lakhaji was quite young, Meru Khawas took all the powers and ruled over Jamnagar, after the death
of Jam Lakhaji, Meru Khawas installed on
the throne Jam Jasoji, eldest son of Jam
Lakhaji, but he kept, as before ,all powers
in his own hands.
His rule was vigorous and he made
many additions to the state. He had fortified Jamnagar,
by building around it, walls of white
stone with 5 gates, 23 towers and 8 postern gates.